Sunday, August 14, 2011

Fact: APD has made me who I am Truth: It can be hard Lie: APD Is impossible to handle

First off I want to welcome and thank you all for taking the time to read my blog! Not only because It's my blog, but because whomever is reading this cares about APD, and/or wants to learn more. Let me tell you, you're in the right place! Hi, my name is Anna and I'm sixteen. I enjoy playing sports, being with my friends and family, babysitting kids and making them laugh and smile, photography, listening to music, talking to cute boys, going to the beach, and living life to the fullest. Oh and I'm also living with Auditory Processing Disorder everyday. We have five senses. 1. Seeing 2. Tasting 3. Feeling 4. Smelling 5. Hearing. Of those five senses, they are all perfectly normal. You ask me why hearing isn't an issue? APD does have the "auditory" in it which has to do with hearing. But what about the "processing"? Well, the processing part is the brain. My brain doesn't process all the a thousand things I hear. It's like when someone is half-sleeping. 1, or 4, or 10 people could be talking to them. They can hear everyone, but there brain isn't fully on. That is what I deal with on a daily basis. APD affects me when I'm trying to hear my coach from the sidelines during a game, listening to my friend(s) talk, listening to a cute boy talk to me, listening to my family at dinner, listening to the television, listening to music, and of course when I'm listening to my teacher and classmates in school. I'm not afraid of it, I'm willing to go the extra mile and overcome this long lasting challenge. I am here to tell you and answer any of your questions about APD. Please feel free to talk to/ask me anything! Thanks again to all of you who care! I'll be writing my next blog soon!

1 comment: