Wednesday, December 11, 2013

A Little Funny APD Story....

Hi everyone! I hope everyone is loving the holiday's this year! Won't be long until 2014 will be here! Anyways, I just wanted to share a little story that amused me.
----

I haven't been home for four months, so I am trying to squeeze appointments in before Christmas arrives. I received a phone call from the doctor's office and this is how the conversation went....

The phone assistant - "Good afternoon my name is Lisa calling from Dr. Murphy's office."

Me - "Oh yes. Hi!"

The phone assistant - "How are you?"

Me - "Good, good. How are you?"

The phone assistant - "Good thanks. I am calling because I would like to see if we could move your appointment time around? Dr. Murphy has an emergency appointment after you."

Me - "Oh yes, what time?"

The phone assistant - "How does 2:45pm sound? Your appointment would be earlier than the time you are scheduled for as of now."

Me- **oh cool I have a haircut appointment right after** "Sure! That work better for me actually."  **oh wait... That's later? I was scheduled for 2:15 before**

The phone assistant - "Great! Thank--"

Me - "Is that earlier you said?"

The phone assistant - "Yes! It will be earlier"

Me - "Oh....Okay..!" **I'm confused...haha**

So then I talked to my mom on the phone the next day, and told her the time, and I told her that I was confused because she told me it was earlier, but it was really later. My mom then called the next morning to make sure I wasn't misunderstanding.... She called and told me my appointment is at 1:00pm, not 2:45pm. I misunderstood her. I seriously SWEAR I heard 2:45pm. Sometimes I think to myself... I KNOW I heard differently. I think It is so weird when this happens to me.

Usually I am able to understand when I don't understand. The most common situation where I can see my APD is when I am in a noisy place trying to hear the person or people I am with, or when I am talking to someone and get confused because they are talking too fast and my brain just can't process it. That stuff I can pick out quite quickly.

But when I SWEAR I heard something else, I am completely stumped! It just makes me laugh because I know I am wrong... Haha. You just gotta laugh sometimes! APD makes my life humorous, and I gotta say IT'S GREAT!

----
I hope you enjoyed my little APD story! Happy Holidays everyone! Be safe, and enjoy!

--apdwarrior


4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the story. Humor, especially when viewing ones self, is so important. So how is this semester going for you? Have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you enjoyed it! :-) The semester couldn't be any better! It has been a very successful academic year for me!

    You as well!

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!
    I am 17 year old who struggles with APD as well. I am very passionate about sharing my story, so to see someone blogging about APD is amazing. I loved reading your story, and I hope you keep blogging because it is empowering!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it possible someone will read this...6 year’s after the post? Hello?

    ReplyDelete